Connect with us

Tech

Trump retweets video featuring supporter shouting ‘white power’ | US News

Published

on

President Trump has retweeted a video featuring a supporter shouting “white power” at other demonstrators in Florida.

The footage shows a man in a golf cart that includes “Trump 2020” and “America First” signs responding to protesters who were also shouting and carrying placards expressing their opposition to the president.

According to the person who originally posted the video, it was recorded in a retirement community known as The Villages where the residents were apparently “protesting against each other” – the Trump supporters apparently in a parade of golf carts and the others standing beside this parade.

The President promoted the video featuring the racist slogan
Image:
The president’s tweet was later deleted

“White power” is a white supremacist political slogan designed to mimic the “black power” slogan which became popular during the civil rights movement, said the Anti-Defamation League in the US.

“It is a commonly shouted at white supremacist events as a racist rallying cry,” the ADL’s glossary of white supremacist terms explains.

Three hours after it was posted, the president’s message apparently endorsing the supporter who shouted this term was deleted.

Before it was deleted, the president’s tweet thanked “the great people of The Villages” stating: “The Radical Left Do Nothing Democrats will Fall in the Fall. Corrupt Joe is shot. See you soon!!!”

The tweet was criticised by Republican senator Tim Scott, who told CNN’s State of the Union: “There’s no question. He should not have retweeted it and he should just take it down.”

Senator Scott, who is the only black Republican in the US Senate, added: “We can play politics with it or we can’t. I’m not going to.

“I think it’s indefensible, we should take it down. That’s what I think.”

It is not clear whether Twitter deleted the message – which didn’t appear to violate its standards – or if it was deleted by the president or his team.

The social media company and the Trump administration have repeatedly clashed over the president’s tweets in recent weeks, prompting the White House to drive forward changes to social media regulations.

The original video – which documents both groups of demonstrators shouting at each other, with the counter-Trump protesters audibly swearing – remains available on Twitter.

Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Tech

Crazy Facts About Space | POPSUGAR Tech

Published

on

By


As we reported earlier this year, disgraced former Southern Charm star Thomas Ravenel knocked up a much younger woman.


Now, that woman — who is very much his ex — has given birth to his child.


The widely reviled former reality star and washed up ex-politician spoke to The Daily Mail about the good news.


“We’ve named him Jonathan Jackson Ravenel,” Thomas announced to the tabloid.


“And,” he divulged, “he was born by C-section.” The mother, as we previously reported, is Heather Mascoe.

Thomas Ravenel baby birth IG still


Thomas revealed that his son was born “on June 29.”


The baby was born weighing “7lbs 4oz.”


Additionally, he shared that his son’s body length was “20.25 inches long,”

Thomas Ravenel on Charm


Speaking on behalf of himself and of his ex, Thomas told the tabloid: “We are both very happy.”


“Heather is a phenomenal mom,” he expressed.


“And,” he revealed, “they’re both doing well.”

Kensie Ravenel and Saint Ravenel on Instagram


“t’s kind of difficult to explain to [the kids],” Thomas admitted, referring to his young children, Kensie and Saint.


“You know, ‘This is your half-brother – different mothers, same father,’” he explained.


That doesn’t sound very complicated to us, but each child is different.

Kathryn Dennis and Thomas Ravenel, Kensie Preschool Graduation


“They were a little confused.” Thomas characterized.


“In the end,” he shared, “I just told them, ‘You’ll understand when you’re older!’”


“But they’ve FaceTimed with the baby,” Thomas revealed, “and they’re very excited to meet him.”

Thomas Ravenel Snapshot


‘They’re getting ready to spend the week with their mother,” Thomas shared with the tabloid.


“So,” he added, “we’re hoping they’ll meet him after that.”


It’s amazing to get to meet your baby sibling for the first time.

Thomas Ravenel on Southern Charm


Thomas also confirmed that he and his new baby mama, Heather, are exes.


“That’s how I’d put our relationship, really good friends,” Thomas assessed.


“She’s happy,” he added, “and I’m happy.”

Thomas Ravenel on Bravo


Thomas did divulge that he never personally informed Kathryn, his ex and of course the mother of his first two children, the news.


Instead, he confirmed, he allowed his attorney to ferry the news to Kathryn just three months ago.


If he is accurately portraying the timeline, that means that we here at THG reported the news before Kathryn had been informed. Oops.

Thomas Ravenel, Pinky Ring


“Yes, we had a beautiful baby boy,” Heather confirmed in a post of her own on her private Instagram.


She revealed her, Thomas, and baby Jackson in the delivery room.


She shared that they will be calling him by his middle name. It’s a good name.

Heather Mascoe


“Jonathan Jackson Ravenel aka Jackson,” she confirmed.


“He’s beautiful and a good baby,” Heather gushed.


Despite being exes with Ravenel, she added: “We feel very blessed.”

Thomas Ravenel at the Reunion


Thomas is a controversial figure for many reasons, not the least of which being his alarming criminal record.


He was arrested following allegations of a sexual assault against his family’s former nanny.


Ultimately, he entered a plea of guilty for the attack after striking a deal in which he would serve no time.

Thomas Ravenel Mug Shot


Additionally, Thomas’ alarming behavior was off-putting to his Southern Charm castmates.


This included his alleged friends, who witnessed his “dark side” on multiple occassions.


A rude man happy to share his abhorrent opinions on social media to anyone who will listen, Thomas is a divisive — at best — figure.


But, you know, congratulations and all that.



Source link

Continue Reading

Tech

Huawei blocked: Tech must be stripped from UK’s 5G network by 2027 | Politics News

Published

on

By

Boris Johnson has ordered all Huawei technology to be stripped out of the UK’s 5G network by 2027.

In a major U-turn, the prime minister also banned the purchase of any new 5G equipment from the Chinese tech giant from the end of this year.

The government acknowledged the move would delay the roll-out of 5G in the UK by two to three years and increase costs by up to £2bn.

A pedestrian walks past a Huawei product stand at an EE telecommunications shop in central London on April 29, 2019. - British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt has urged caution over the role of China's Huawei in the UK, saying the government should think carefully before opening its doors to the technology giant to develop next-generation 5G mobile networks. His comments come after Prime Minister Theresa May conditionally allowed China's Huawei to build the UK 5G network, information that was leaked to a newspaper from top secret discussions between senior ministers and security officials, a leak that has caused a scandal that has rocked Britain's splintered government. (Photo by Tolga Akmen / AFP)        (Photo credit should read TOLGA AKMEN/AFP via Getty Images)
Image:
Huawei is accused of having close links to the Chinese government

Acting on the advice of the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC), Mr Johnson has accepted new US sanctions on Huawei are a “game changer” in relation to the impact of the firm’s technology on the UK’s national security.

Downing Street had previously allowed Huawei to have a role in the UK’s 5G infrastructure – a decision that came little more than six months ago.

Mr Johnson and senior ministers agreed to the removal of Huawei technology within the next seven years at a meeting of the National Security Council (NSC) in Downing Street on Tuesday morning.

Sky News’s defence and security correspondent Alistair Bunkall said there were some “tense exchanges” during the NSC meeting.

An existing ban on Huawei’s involvement in the most sensitive parts of the UK’s 5G networks – announced in January when the prime minister previously gave the go-ahead for the firm to build mobile infrastructure – remains in place.

Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden confirmed Tuesday’s further action on Huawei in a statement to the House of Commons, as he announced the measures would be put into law by a forthcoming Telecoms Security Bill.

He told MPs: “By the time of the next election we will have implemented in law an irreversible path for the complete removal of Huawei equipment from our 5G networks.

“We have not taken this decision lightly and I must be frank about the decision’s consequences for every constituency in this country; this will delay our roll-out of 5G.”

Prime Minister Boris Johnson departs 10 Downing Street, in Westminster, London, to attend Prime Minister's Questions at the Houses of Parliament.
Image:
Boris Johnson made the decision on the advice of the National Cyber Security Centre

Mr Dowden said the measures introduced both in January and on Tuesday would cause a cumulative delay to the roll-out of 5G in the UK of two to three years and increase costs by up to £2bn.

Critics have long alleged Huawei has close links to the Chinese government and its equipment could be used for espionage purposes – something the company has always denied.

Huawei describes itself as a private company “fully owned by its employees”.

In January, Mr Johnson confirmed Huawei would be able to build “non-core” parts of the UK’s 5G network, but with a series of conditions attached to the company’s involvement.

This included capping Huawei’s market share at 35% and blocking it from involvement in the most sensitive areas of the network.

US President Donald Trump sits with his arms crossed during a roundtable discussion on the Safe Reopening of Americas Schools during the coronavirus pandemic, in the East Room of the White House on July 7, 2020, in Washington, DC. (Photo by JIM WATSON / AFP) (Photo by JIM WATSON/AFP via Getty Images)
Image:
Donald Trump was said to have been angry about the UK’s original plan to allow Huawei into its 5G network

The prime minister’s decision angered US President Donald Trump – who was reported to have been “apoplectic” with Mr Johnson in a telephone call.

In May, the US placed more sanctions on Huawei to block the firm from using computer chips based on American designs in any of its equipment.

This led to fears the company could begin to use “untrusted” replacement technologies – and prompted the NCSC’s review of January’s decision.

They are understood to have concluded there were no alternative products on the market for which the UK could have confidence in.

:: Listen to The World Tomorrow on Apple podcasts, Spotify, and Spreaker

The NCSC had “significantly changed their security assessment” of Huawei’s presence in the UK’s 5G network in the wake of the US sanctions, Mr Dowden told MPs.

He added: “Given the uncertainty that this creates around Huawei’s supply chain, the UK can no longer be confident it will be able to guarantee the security of future Huawei 5G equipment affected by the change in US foreign direct-product rules.”

Chi Onwurah, Labour’s shadow digital, science and technology minister, branded the government’s approach “incomprehensibly negligent”.

She told MPs: “It has been clear for some time that there are serious questions over whether Huawei should be allowed to control large sections of our country’s telecoms networks, yet the government refused to face reality.

“Their approach to our 5G capability, Huawei and our national security has been incomprehensibly negligent.”



5g explained



Explained: Why 5G and Huawei matter

Responding to the government’s announcement, Huawei UK spokesperson Ed Brewster said: “This disappointing decision is bad news for anyone in the UK with a mobile phone.

“It threatens to move Britain into the digital slow lane, push up bills and deepen the digital divide.

“Instead of ‘levelling up’ the government is levelling down and we urge them to reconsider.

“We remain confident that the new US restrictions would not have affected the resilience or security of the products we supply to the UK.

“Regrettably our future in the UK has become politicised, this is about US trade policy and not security.”

Mr Brewster said Huawei would conduct a “detailed review” of what Tuesday’s decision means for the firm’s involvement in the UK.



Tony Blair says the West's relationship with China is 'biggest geopolitical challenge of 21st century'



China relationship ‘extremely troubling’

In recent months, an increasing number of Conservative MPs had spoken out about Huawei’s involvement in the UK, which piled pressure on Mr Johnson to reverse January’s decision.

Dissent on the Tory benches in the House of Commons had also grown amid wider concerns about China, including Beijing’s response to the coronavirus pandemic, its imposition of a new security law on Hong Kong, and its treatment of Uighur Muslims in detention camps.

In March, 38 Tory MPs rebelled against the government in a Commons vote over Huawei’s 5G role.

On Tuesday morning, ahead of the NSC meeting, former Conservative leader Sir Iain Duncan Smith told Sky News that “you can’t separate” Chinese firms and the Chinese government.

“Across the free world, more and more countries are now recognising that they face a particular threat now from Chinese government intentions,” he said.

Following the government’s announcement, Sir Iain later said the UK could strip out Huawei technology from 5G infrastructure sooner than 2027 and called for the deadline to be shortened to five years.

Iain Duncan Smith warned the UK needs to urgently look at its relationship with China
Image:
Iain Duncan Smith has warned the UK needs to urgently look at its relationship with China

Tom Tugendhat, who chairs the Commons’ Foreign Affairs committee and the China Research Group of Tory MPs, hailed “a major victory for parliament”.

“Huawei’s position in the UK’s phone networks is now in reverse and our future prosperity will not be tied to a company linked to [the] Chinese state,” he said.

“There’s no point in taking back control from Brussels only to hand it over to Beijing.”

However, Mr Tugendhat called for “more details” and “more speed” on the government’s action.

Source link

Continue Reading

Tech

Apple ramping up Q3 MacBook orders by 20%: Report

Published

on

By

apple, apple macbook, macbook, apple macbook production in q3 2020, macbook production, apple news,
Image Source : APPLE

2020 MacBook Pro

Apple is reportedly planning to significantly increase its new MacBook Pro orders in the late third quarter and will see its overall MacBook shipments rise over 20 per cent sequentially in the third quarter, DigiTimes reported on Monday.

The Cupertino-based tech giant shipped 3.2-3.5 million MacBooks in the second quarter this year and the volumes are expected to grow to around four million units in the third quarter. In fiscal Q2, Macs contributed $5.4 billion of Apple’s $58.3 billion in overall revenue.

Famed analyst Ming-Chi Kuo who closely tracks the company has said that the 13.3-inch MacBook Pro similar to the current 13.3-inch device is likely to be the first Mac to get an Arm-based silicon chip designed by Apple.

In a research note with TF International Securities, Kuo said the 13.3-inch MacBook Pro with Apple silicon chip will go into mass production in the fourth quarter. Kuo also predicted that Apple fans would see an Arm-based MacBook Air either in Q4 this year or in the first quarter of 2021.

In addition, Apple suppliers are reportedly getting ready to manufacture the 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro laptops with mini-LED displays starting from 2021.

Latest technology reviews, news and more

Fight against Coronavirus: Full coverage



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending