Connect with us

Celebrity

Local architecture student attracts celebrities with artworks

Published

on

A young, inspired third-year architecture student from TUT recently caught the attention of famous celebrity Nasty C with his art drawings.

Lethabo Clinton Mashabela (20) has not only made his mark with celebrities but also with 3 000 people on his social media platforms. He received many thumbs up for his drawings.

He received 53 600 likes on Instagram for a drawing of Nasty C.

Rekord visited Lethabo to hear about his drawing journey and how he made it to where people are noticing his work.

According to Mashabela, he has always loved drawing since primary school.

He said drawing has been his inspiration ever since then.

“It was the only thing that would ease my mind when I was stressed.

“A pencil and a paper were the two things one would see me holding every time.

“I would always spend my afternoons sketching, while others played outside.

“I would challenge myself to draw whatever I see. I would draw cartoons every day. I looked to Japanese animated shows as an inspiration,” said Lethabo

Lethabo said he went the extra mile and started drawing portraits of people, such as friends and family. He has now started to work digitally using Adobe software to convert pictures into cartoons.

“Paper can easily get damaged and lost, so I had decided to go digital.

“Sometimes I take pictures of celebrities and turn them into cartoon figures. I took the famous hip-hop musician Nasty C and converted him into a cartoon figure.

“He reacted immediately after he saw my work and said he is a fan of my art. He even reposted it on his page where it received 53 600 likes on Instagram.

“After I saw he loved it, it gave me the inspiration to do more as I do not know where I could end up one day being an artist.”

He mentioned he has been looking to people who made art into a career to learn from them.

“Being a sketch artist is difficult, knowing that you are in constant competition with many other artists; therefore, one needs to take their art seriously and make sure it keeps improving.”

Lethabo concluded that he would like to open a YouTube channel very soon to teach young artists how to develop their talents.

Do you have more information about the story? Please send us an email to [email protected] or phone us on 083 625 4114.

For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites:

Rekord East

Rekord North

Rekord Centurion

Rekord Moot

For more news and interesting articles, like Rekord on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram



Source link

Celebrity

RECAP | More departures as celebrities forced to face FEAR on SAS AUSTRALIA | #SASAustralia

Published

on

By

Schapelle Corby (image – Seven)

In Tuesday nights episode of SAS Australia, the SAS Australia star recruits had were forced to face FEAR.

Challenges included:

  • Tackle a daunting climb and speedy forward descent down a steep 60m rockface in teams of two
  • Face off in a brutal game of Murderball (rugby with a tyre and no rules) to show they can control aggression
  • Endure their first “Beastings” – a relentless physical thrashing from the DS (when recruits are drained physically it affects them mentally – Am I fit enough? Is this course for me? Have I got what it takes?)

Struggling on the course and rattled by her interrogation, glamour model Arabella Del Busso (“I’m honestly not the only person in Australia who has told a white lie”) was the second recruit to VW.

Jackson Warne revealed he’d tried more foods in the past two days than he’d eaten in his entire life.

Shayna Jack took a couple of hard hits in Murderball, fainted and needed medical assistance.

Firass Dirani again caught the attention of the DS for all the wrong reasons and in interrogation with the DS was told to STFU and change his attitude.

Recruits were punished for Firass’ actions with an uphill running beasting. It was too much for Schapelle Corby who became the third recruit to VW from the course (“I came to open doors myself and start to live in society better than I have been; it’s time to create a new life for myself”).

14 recruits remain: Ali Oetjen, Candice Warner, Eden Dally, Erin McNaught, Firass Dirani, Jackson Warne, James Magnussen, Merrick Watts, Mitchell Johnson, Molly Taylor, Nick Cummins, Sabrina Frederick, Shannan Ponton, Shayna Jack

In the next episode – MONDAY 7.30PM – EP 3 “MINDSET”

Recruits are pushed beyond their pain barriers in a severe night beasting; one mistake could be deadly in a gruelling marksman task; and Mitchell Johnson and Candice Warner face interrogation.

Source link

Continue Reading

Celebrity

Celebrities send Jeff Bridges encouragement amid cancer diagnosis: ‘pulling for you’

Published

on

By

Jeff Bridges’s announcement that he’s been diagnosed with cancer has Hollywood sending him good vibes only.

The 70-year-old actor shared the news publicly through social media on Monday, referencing his The Big Lebowski character as he did so.

“As the Dude would say.. New S**T has come to light,” Bridges wrote. “I have been diagnosed with Lymphoma. Although it is a serious disease, I feel fortunate that I have a great team of doctors and the prognosis is good.”

Bridges, a seven-time Academy Award nominee and Best Actor winner for 2010’s Crazy Heart, went on to say he’s “starting treatment” and will keep fans “posted on my recovery.” He described himself as “profoundly grateful for the love and support from my family and friends.”

He ended his message by saying, “And, while I have you, please remember to go vote. Because we are all in this together. http://Vote.org Love, Jeff.”

Jeff Bridges has been diagnosed with lymphoma. (Photo: Tibrina Hobson/Getty Images)

Bridges, of the Bridges acting family (his parents were Lloyd and Dorothy Bridges, his older brother is Beau), has had his social media pages flooded with supportive messages from peers. Cary Elwes wrote, “We send you all good thoughts, meditations and prayers for a speedy recovery.” John Lithgow posted, “With the love and support of absolutely everyone, @TheJeffBridges willl do just fine #TheDudeAbides.”

Mark Ruffalo, Kathy Griffin and Rosario Dawson were others sharing thoughtful words:

And various lymphoma organizations sent well wishes too. Lymphoma is a cancer of the lymphatic system, which is part of the body’s germ-fighting network, according to the Mayo Clinic.

Bridges started acting as an infant (1951’s The Company She Keeps) and his last film was 2018’s Bad Times at the El Royale. He has been married to Susan Geston since 1977 and they have three daughters.

Read more from Yahoo Entertainment



Source link

Continue Reading

Celebrity

I’m A Celebrity 2020 will go ahead despite new lockdown in Wales

Published

on

By

I’m A Celebrity 2020 will go ahead this year (Picture: SWNS/Getty)

I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! will go ahead despite Wales going back into full lockdown.

The series, which is due to start next month is usually filmed in Australia but was moved to Gwrych Castle in Conwy this year as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.

First Minister Mark Drakeford, who announced the new lockdown rules yesterday – said it would be a ‘short, sharp, shock to turn back the clock, slow down the virus and give us more time’.

The ‘firebreak’ will start when the schools break up for half term and last just over two weeks until November 9, as the country battles the second wave of the pandemic.

However, following the announcement, Gwrych Castle has reassured fans that the series will go ahead as planned – and they will do it safely.

This year’s I’m A Celebrity is due to take place at Gwyrch Castle in Wales (Picture: Getty)

Releasing a statement to their official Facebook page on Monday, they said: ‘Following the announcement today from the First Minister, the overriding message is that filming CAN continue in Wales providing related activity cannot be undertaken from home, and there is full compliance with Welsh Law.

‘Welsh Government guidance on COVID-19 should also be followed. This includes a legal obligation and guidance on taking all reasonable measures to maintain physical distancing in the workplace, compliance with relevant industry guidelines for physical production.’

Ant and Dec have already been filming in Wales (Picture: ITV)

‘We cannot wait to see I’m A Celebrity on our screens.’ the post concluded.

The lockdown rules will mean that all non-essential shops, as well as pubs and restaurants, will be forced to close once again.

‘Critical workers’ and those who can’t work from home are being allowed to leave the house to do their jobs.

Exercise outdoors is also still permitted but people are being told not to meet anyone they don’t live with either indoors or outdoors, except those who live alone who can ‘bubble’ with one other household for support.

Since the show was announced, there have been lots of rumours as to who will be among the star-studded line-up – including the likes of Rob Kardashian and Scott Disick from Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

Other names include Carole Baskin and AJ Pritchard.

I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! is scheduled to return to ITV in November.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.

MORE: I’m A Celebrity 2020 series ‘under threat’ as Wales proposes ban on people from England corona hotspots

MORE: Ant and Dec blissfully unaware of I’m A Celebrity location change in brand new trailer



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending